Rail Trail Retreats
There is currently not a retreat in the planning stages.
Download the word Rail trail retreat brochure [20Kb] This applies to the the Retreat run in April/May 2015.
In the Central Otago and Maniototo we are blessed with a most beautiful and rugged environment. The seasonal changes are dramatic, the local folks are hardy and hospitable, the scenery is stunning and God is in this place.
The intent of this retreat is to enable “pilgrims” to;
- ‘sit a while’ in God’s presence,
- reflect on some of the local stories and incorporate them into one’s own spiritual journey,
- enjoy some of the unique experiences that this place offers and
- enjoy the fellowship that such a journey offers.
Note: this will not be the kind of retreat that involves long periods of silence and introspection. We will be doing some ‘age and fitness appropriate’ physical stuff, we’ll enjoy some good wines over good meals, we’ll share our journeys and by doing so we will find ourselves growing in faith.
Experienced Anglican clergy will be present at all times and each day will be bracketed in prayer.
Options from which you can select:
- An easy day (mostly downhill) cycle ride through tunnels and over high bridges. Choose between an 8k or 23k ride.
- A 4WD adventure looking for gold and the stories of the old timers.
- A farm visit to grapple with the challenges that local folk take in their stride.
- Camera, poetry and painting opportunities.
- Curling in Naseby
Commences: 3:00pm Tuesday 28th April 2015
Concludes: 10:00am Friday 1st May 2015
Lauder School B and B, SH 85, Lauder, Central Otago.
Accommodation options at Lauder School B&B:
All packages include continental breakfast each morning, lunch each day, dinner each night plus use of the spa pool and are priced per person
Ensuite Single Package $685.00
Ensuite Twin Package $625.00
Shared Facilities Single Package $610.00 (Own room, share bathroom)
Shared Facilities Twin Package $565.00 (Share room and bathroom)
Optional activities and additional costs
1 Day bike hire and transport $65
Curling .. http://www.curling.co.nz/ $30
4 Wheel drive/gold fossicking http://www.thereandback4wd.co.nz $100 approx.
Farm visit transport to be confirmed
We are confident that this event will be very popular. Numbers are limited to the accommodation available.
Please send all enquiries to:
The Rev’d Penny Sinnamon, Vicar of Dunstan